** CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: In these challenging times, we are now able to offer virtual, as well as face-to-face courses. **
Are you confident your organisation could cope if a bad news story went viral and you were besieged by the media?
Would you be able to fend off a determined and aggressive journalist, take control and deliver your key messages?
Our crisis communications courses show you how to cope when your organisation is under fire, and protect your good name. We can:
- Train your spokespeople to handle challenging interviews, pitting their wits against a hostile reporter
- Train your PR team to manage communications during an unfolding crisis
- Deliver a fast-paced crisis simulation where your team have to decide how to handle the press during an unfolding emergency
- Facilitate a crisis strategy workshop, where we work together to develop your crisis communications strategy
Read more: What can you learn from a crisis simulation
All of our crisis communications courses are bespoke, so we will design each one to meet your specific needs. In all of them, you’ll discover:
- How a crisis can escalate in seconds
- How journalists respond to bad news stories
- How to develop effective key messages & write holding statements
- How to manage your social media
- How to take control of an interview and get your message across
- How to handle press conferences and doorsteps
Find out more: Crisis communications consultancy
We found the day to be professionally organised with excellent structure and the correct mix of practical instruction and theory. The team were extremely professional and gave excellent, constructive, feedback on the day and followed up with more in depth feedback shortly afterwards.
“The responsiveness and ability to understand our business in a short time was extremely useful with communication before and after the training of an exceptionally high standard. We would have no hesitation in recommending Rough House to other businesses. Vector Aerospace
We commissioned Rough House to run a two-hour crisis simulation at a conference for over 100 people. The whole event went very smoothly and the feedback we received was great. Working with the team was easy and fun, and I would be happy to recommend them. Institutional Investor
For more details about our crisis communications courses and the other training we offer, such as media training, presentation skills and smartphone video production, click here to get in touch or call us on 020 8332 6200.