Every day on Twitter, we post a PR tip. This can be about media interviews, media strategy, PR or video making – or indeed anything we feel may be useful and is media related. This week, it’s all about the best way to build contacts with journalists.
- Bombarding the media with press releases will make sure they are all ‘spiked’
- Some news stories, like big orders and new premises will normally only be interest the trade press, unless you’re creating 100s of new jobs
- Cultivate contacts with journalists, so when you want to get coverage you know who to contact
- Keep an eye on reporter by-lines & if you like a journalist’s story, let them
- Contact the media by email but call as well if you’re sending a press release