Welcome to our weekly round up of the PR tips we post daily on Twitter. This week, we’re concentrating on how to make a good impression if you want to increase the coverage you get in the media.
1. Some news stories, like big orders and new premises will normally only be interest the trade press
2. Bombarding the media with press releases will make sure they are all ‘spiked’
3. Build up a database of key publications with contact details for the editor, news, features and other relevant editors, plus specialist journalists
4. Contact the media by email but call as well if you’re sending a press release
5. Each press release must answer these key questions: who, what, where, when and why