Over the past couple of weeks, we’ve started filming again – after summer spent in pre-production of the videos we’re currently working on.
In this new corona-virus world, this means we’ve had to think carefully about how to keep our shoots safe, so I thought it would be worth sharing the Covid filming precautions we have put in place.
- All crew and subjects to socially distance at all times
- Use a gun microphone rather than a clip/radio mic to avoid physical contact
- Sanitise equipment & hands regularly
- Wear masks except when the subject of an interview
- Timetable our interviewees so only one person is present at a time
- Wherever possible, film outside, and if that is not possible, film with the windows open
- Film in large rooms/spaces with minimum number of people present at any time
- No loveydom – lay off the tradition hugs and kisses of greeting!
- Nothing is more important than people’s health, so the final precaution is to postpone any shoot if any of the participants may have symptoms of Covid-19.