This week our daily Twitter tips focussed on interviews with journalists – giving some of the advice we offer during our media training sessions.
- In an interview, if expressing sympathy, avoid the words ‘our thoughts are with’: it’s hackneyed & insincere
- Why are you doing the i/view? Make sure you know before you start!
- It is important to prepare your interviews but don’t drown in detail – keep it simple!
- Work out the key points you want to make in an interview – and make sure you do it.
- Before you do a broadcast interview, have a look in the mirror to check your appearance