This week our advice has been all about what not to do – so here’s our round up of Twitter tips on what not to do in an interview with a journalist.
1. In a media interview, don’t feel obliged to fill any silences; you may say something you regret
2. In a interview with a journalist, don’t forget their name!
3. Never speculate – if you get it wrong it will make you look incompetent, and this could rebound badly on you
4. If you’re meeting a journalist for an interview, don’t be late!
5. Before an interview, don’t have a drink to calm your nerves, especially if it is being broadcast.
Rough House has been trained thousands of people to give interviews, from both the private and public sector, so if you’d like more information about our media training courses, contact us on 020 8332 6200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.